What is the online registration widget?
ActivityHero makes it easy to add schedules and registration links to your website.
After you enter your schedules on ActivityHero, they will instantly appear on your website when you add the widget code to your web page. Widgets show session availability, discounts, additional fees, and enable users to register online without leaving your website.
Create a New Widget
1. Sign into your dashboard
2. Go to "Tools for Your Website" ~~> "Online Registration Widget"
3. Click "Create Widget"
4. Select the Locations you'd like to appear in your widget.
Note: if you choose a location that is marked Unpublished or not-used, sessions marked with this location will not appear in the widget.
5. Choose a Widget type, and name your Widget. The Widget URL field will update automatically as you make changes.
6. Click the "Create widget" button to generate your widget:
Customize Your Widget
You can customize how the registration appears on your site. Just add a few items from the list below. Add the parameters to the Widget iframe URL, separated by ‘&’.
For example to show On-Demand activities only:
To edit a Widget:
1. Sign into your dashboard
2. Go to "Tools for your Website"
3. Click "edit" next to the Widget you would like to update
4. Add parameters to the Widget iframe URL section.
5. Click "Update Widget"
1. The New Schedule Widget uses photos and has a clean, modern layout for both desktop and mobile view
New Widget in desktop view
New Widget in desktop view - no photos
New Widget in mobile view
2. The Classic Schedule Widget cannot display photos and is the original ActivityHero widget.
3. The Classic Schedule Widget also has the ability to display a 1-week calendar view of your activities. This view is best if you hold many classes on multiple days, or have many single-day classes.
There are three types of widgets available for use on your website. The one you use will vary based on how you would like to take registration.
1. Embed full widget directly on your page: This code states "Place this code wherever you want the widget to appear on your page". When you use this code, your widget will appear at full size and will include all sessions. Your web page will adjust to the size of the available sessions.
2. Embed full widget in an iframe on your page: This code states "If you just want to embed the widget in an iframe, use this code". Use this code if you are placing your widget inside a web page and do not want to adjust the overall size of the page. Instead your widget will appear within another box on the page, which will allow scrolling to see all available sessions.
3. Link to the widget via a button or other element on your web page: This code states "If you just want to link to the widget, use this code instead". The page that becomes available will now include your business branding. Parents will be able to log in or sign up to complete their registration.
If you would like more information on accepting registrations using ActivityHero call 800-437-6125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org